Evolution Robotics gets cash and wins awards

Evolution Robotics gets cash and wins awards

Postby adam.klaptocz on 05 Dec 2008, 11:00

Evolution Robotics, a US based company providing technology solutions to the robotics industry, such as the vision and visual pattern recognition algorithms of Sony's AIBO or the navigation algorithm of Wowwee's Rovio, has had an eventful last week. It has just announced closing of a Series B financing round, in which the startup company launched in 2002 raised an additional 13.9 million US dollars from three Venture Capital firms. In addition, Evolution Robotics' Northstar navigation system has won the Robotics Development Innovator Awards' "Best Component Technology" for 2008

See the Press Release
evo_home_rovio_november2008.jpg
WowWee's Rovio is powered by Evolution Robotics' NorthStar navigation software
evo_home_rovio_november2008.jpg (25.2 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
adam.klaptocz
Robots Podcast Team Member

Re: Evolution Robotics gets cash and wins awards

Postby glendara on 23 Aug 2009, 13:21

How long does it take to get a Finacial Aid Award Letter? I completed all the steps of college and federal application...When should I expect to get a Finacial Aid Award Letter?...And once I get it and turn it in how long until I get The left over money back.
glendara

Postby bell22 on 26 Jan 2010, 09:39

Whoa! What a great robot!
@glendara
usually 6 months or even 1 year, depend on your financial report and any other factor. Just be patient :)
bell22

Postby robocop on 02 Feb 2010, 04:22

13.9 million US dollars, blinking heck, that is a pretty decent sum for a small sized robotics firm. Good to see some developers in the industry are getting cash flow to move forward with their projects.

Simon Marshall
robocop

Return to Podcast