Stanford School of Engineering offers free courses

Stanford School of Engineering offers free courses

Postby Tulkas on 22 Sep 2008, 01:59

For those who like me are not at university yet Stanford are offering free online Introductory courses. This is realy going to help me bridge the gap into formal study of robotics

this is from site..

For the first time in its history, Stanford is offering some of its most popular engineering classes free of charge to students and educators around the world. Stanford Engineering Everywhere (SEE) expands the Stanford experience to students and educators online. A computer and an Internet connection is all you need. View lecture videos, access reading lists and other course handouts, take quizzes and tests, and communicate with other SEE students, all at your convenience.
This fall, SEE launches its programming by offering one of Stanford’s most popular sequences: the three-course Introduction to Computer Science taken by the majority of Stanford’s undergraduates and seven more advanced courses in artificial intelligence and electrical engineering.
http://see.stanford.edu/see/courses.aspx
Tulkas

Re: Stanford School of Engineering offers free courses

Postby nano on 24 Sep 2008, 13:59

I truly think that this is an excellent initiative. Opening the doors to Stanford classes in engineering might help students around the world level up to prestigious universities. It is also a great move for hobbyists.

The one thing they can't share though is the irreplaceable tutoring and question answering during assignments and courses. This is only a really really minor point given the greater benefits of this initiative. Maybe a solution would be to have students taking the course respond to questions from students taking the online course?
small is beautiful
nano

Return to Podcast