How many robots on earth?

How many robots on earth?

Postby allen.xudi on 31 Jan 2009, 14:53

hi... i m new in here. i m very intresting in robots, here is a question i want to ask, i try use search engine but there r very blur results.

Is there Any statistics data shows that how many(the accurcy number) robots on earth to help human society??? is there any chance that in the future the population of robots will overtake the population of human??

Any kinds of robots that help to improve human society counts.
allen.xudi

Re: How many robots on earth?

Postby Johnny 5 on 03 Feb 2009, 01:45

Hi Allen,

According to an Automaton blog post in Dec 2008, there are currently about 1 million industrial robots.

If you also include service robots, the number is about 4.5 million based on a 2007 count.

By 2010 this number is expected to increase to around 8.3 million - a "robot nation" slightly larger than Austria! :)

Hope that helps,
Johnny V
Johnny 5

Postby allen.xudi on 03 Feb 2009, 18:09

wow... so many robots on earth... incredible

If artificial intelligent developed to a certain level, robots can really talk really communicate, that ll be a huge problem for human being.

like that movie ^^

That's really helps, thanks a lot.!
allen.xudi

Postby joseph gerard on 21 Mar 2010, 13:42

Hi there,
well there countless robots on our earth, these numbers are only listing the robots which are registered or reported manufactured, but there are still many good ones in the school and college science labs. They are working with the army also and there numbers are also not disclosed because many of them are like secret projects.

Joseph

Automation Equipment
joseph gerard

Postby stiffanbond on 24 May 2010, 07:07

Nobody can say the actual number of robots on the earth. However The Japan and China is only country produced million robots in a year. I watch three new robots in a day. In My opinion Any device with electronics and micro controller and it perform particular task without help of human is call robot. So you can find so many robots around you.
stiffanbond

Postby reactif8 on 25 May 2010, 22:26

That's a good point. Robotics itself is an 'umbrella' category that covers so many different types of engineering.
Generally speaking robotics could be considered as bringing together electronics, mechanics and software(but of course all of those are not actually necessary for something to be considered a robot).

But if we were to just consider robots in a service sense(humanoid, wheeled, 'intelligent'), then there is no doubt that in the future more robots will be in service than there are humans(look at the automobile!).
Imagine if in an average home we were to have a humanoid, a smart vacuum cleaner, autonomous lawn mower, windows cleaner, cook,etc,etc,etc,etc...........!!!!

Out numbered!!!! :D
reactif8

Postby kntttwe on 03 Jun 2010, 19:05

time will come where robots will have an equal population with humans.. and for me it's scary..
kntttwe

Postby cromwellevans on 16 Jun 2010, 12:06

no count yet.according to me Any device with electronics and micro controller and it perform particular task without help of human is call robot.
cromwellevans

Return to Podcast