User Projects by Tulkas

User Projects by Tulkas

Postby Tulkas on 13 Jun 2008, 11:13

My robotics projects are as follows
Core-
To build a humanoid robot mascot for my clothing company that can be put in shop windows, on Youtube and at promotional events. I have A robotis bioloid which is a learning tool and prototype of concept.

One goal is to learn Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio inside and out. I am currently building my own services to control the bioloid in MRDS
The main goal here is to make an App so i can convert Midi files into motor control signals to play a keyboard (I will post videos of my current progress using the Robotis software soon)

I am going to use Robotis Actuators for the following prototypes

I am designing several robots for applications such as..
Lantana (creeping weed) removal platform (two versions - stand alone and co operative swarm)
Modular Farm utility platform for among many uses such as livestock herding, weed spraying and removal, mobile monitoring and security.

I am also starting an Australian not-for-profit robotics association that focuses on positive sustainable platforms
Tulkas

Re: User Projects by Tulkas

Postby Johnny 5 on 23 Jun 2008, 22:51

Hi Tulkas, wow, looks like quite an agenda you got there!

a humanoid robot mascot for my clothing company that can be put in shop windows, on Youtube and at promotional events.

Any pictures of her? I'd be very interested...

What's your further plan with that - moving shop window mannequins? Have them enact a little play, some dialogue and such...?
Johnny 5

Postby Raycruzer on 15 Aug 2008, 03:14

I would like to see a robot weeder that does not use herbicides, but instead uses environmentally-friendly mechanical means, such as precise weed twisters, pullers, prongs, etc. A green robot weeder would be much more valuable to organic farms, sustainable agriculture, etc., than one that simply more efficiently poisons the environment.

For background information search for "precise hand weeders" or visit http://www.ergonica.com/hand_weeder_science.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

I wish you success, especially if you go for the green!
Raycruzer

Postby Tulkas on 20 Sep 2008, 00:51

Yeah thanks for the link Raycruzer. I am interested in the use of steam for the spraying and only chemicals when required and manipulators with various cutting attachments. I am doing a lot of hands on research in removal of weeds and lantana by hand and by use of tools like bobcat and slasher and the best thing about that is I understand efficentcy first hand. I am recording hours of hand removal of lantana via shoulder mounted camera. So I am going to be a tuniversity by this time next year to take the concept to try get government grants and dedicated minds to help make these ideas real. But in the mean time I should have a simple prototype of the general purpose farm robot platform early next year so I will keep you posted.
And organic and natural farming is where small robotic platforms can keep your vege garden free of pests without the use of chemicals and even keep your Bonsai in order.
cheers
Tulkas

Return to Podcast