Introduce yourself...

Introduce yourself...

Postby Peter Dürr on 27 May 2008, 16:30

Hi all,

in order to get this community started, let's introduce ourselves... I am a PhD Student at the LIS (lis.epfl.ch). In my PhD work I study the evolution of neural networks and learning. For the Robots Podcast I do everything related to audio, such as recording, editing, mixing etc. (I have done the same things for Talking Robots lis.epfl.ch/podcast). In my spare time I play the guitar and various electronic musical instruments.

Best
Peter
Peter Dürr
Robots Podcast Team Member

Re: Introduce yourself...

Postby Martijn on 27 May 2008, 17:33

Hi,

I used to be a student at the LIS, and I am here because Peter forced me to. (Also because Robot Podcasts are the new black!)

Bye!

Martijn
Martijn

Postby Tulkas on 11 Jun 2008, 15:53

G'day I am Luke from Australia. I am an artist, concept designer and robotics enthusiest
here is my blog, it is a mix of humour, news and my ideas
http://therobotsrobots.blogspot.com/
Tulkas

Postby Sabine Hauert on 16 Jun 2008, 21:14

Hey!

I'm Sabine and I work as a PhD student at the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems ( http://lis.epfl.ch ) at the EPFL in Switzerland. The aim of my PhD project is to create a swarm of micro air vehicles capable of autonomously establishing emergency wireless networks in disaster areas ( http://lis.epfl.ch/smavs ). More generally, my interests lie in the development of application-oriented swarm systems useful in real-world scenarios.

During my free time I like to cook (mostly chocolate chip cookies), read, drive my motorcycle and podcast. I guess you'll be hearing more of me since I help out with the interviews and web posts for this podcast. I also really enjoyed podcasting for Talking Robots (http://lis.epfl.ch/podcast).
robots... barrets... brass... bizzare... razor... aura... amora
Sabine Hauert
Robots Podcast Team Member

Postby Bender on 18 Jun 2008, 11:25

Hi all,

My name is Bender Bending Rodriguez. I am a Unit 22 Bending Unit and was born in a factory in Tijuana, Mexico. I attended Bending State college where I majored in Bending and minored in Robo-American studies. My favourite drink is Olde Fortran Malt liquor.

sincerely yours,
Bender
Bender

Postby RobotGrrl on 04 Aug 2008, 18:28

Hi!
I'm Erin (RobotGrrl). I'm a highschool student, but I really enjoy making robots (you can check em all out at robotgrrl.com)! Robots podcast rocks :)
Heheh
RobotGrrl

Postby epokh on 12 Aug 2008, 15:12

Hi, I'm Paolo a phd at University of Glasgow, I'm working on multi agent systems which involves bio-inspired robots.
I met Peter at LAB-RS that's why I'm here. ;)
epokh

Postby Anurag kesari on 21 Nov 2008, 19:34

Hi
I'm Anurag, a 10th grade student from India. I eat, sleep, talk, drink, imagine, hallucinate, see, hear, smell, taste, think RoBoTiCs all the time. Cant live without it. Seriously.
Anurag kesari

Postby Anurag kesari on 20 Jan 2009, 09:10

i'm a really big fan of cynthia breazeal, sebastian thrun and sabine hauert (sublime heart, heeheehee)
Anurag kesari

Postby RobotsOfDawn on 16 Feb 2009, 10:16

Hi!

I am Steve, born in England and now living in Australia. I have previously been a mechanical engineer and musician and I am now working in the music industry as sound/ recording engineer and product manager. I dream (both the day type and the night type) about robots and like to program computers, build things and make strange sounds (music?).
RobotsOfDawn

Next

Return to Podcast